The low-dose CT scan of the chest is designed exclusively for patients who meet the following criteria:
- aged from 50 to 75
- long-term smokers
- family history of cancer - lung cancer and / or cancer of the head and neck.
The test can be performed at one of the VOXEL Computed Tomography laboratories:
- Bytom - ul.S. Żeromskiego 7 - tel. 32 697 69 00
- Gliwice - ul. Radiowa 2 - tel. 32 701 24 00
- Katowice - ul. Markiefki 87 - tel. 32 701 24 00
Upon collection of the test results, -patients will be referred to a specialist who:
- will discuss the test results and, if necessary, decide on further treatment,
- will clarify doubts regarding the prevention of lung cancer,
- give anti-smoking advice
If the criteria are met, the patient is included in the Programme for the Early Detection of Lung Cancer (WWRP), which has been conducted at the Medical University of Silesia for four years.
If any doubts about the test arise, you can contact the programme administrator on 502 038 138 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 14:00 - 16:00